Friday, May 16, 2014

Challenge #17 - Technique Challenge

Please, follow the link to the Winner and Featured Creations
Challenge #16


Challenge #17 - A Technique Challenge
(masking, embossing, watercolor, Tearing, Weaving, Quilling, Folding, Layering, Inking, Collage, Mosaic, etc......) 
Challenge hosted by our Design Team Lady - Angie
  1. You can create a - Layout, Card, Canvas, Mini Album, "Off the Page" creations.
  2. Please, leave a comment and tell us what Technique you used
  3. Must be newly created as of 16th of May 2014
  4. Enter a direct link to your creations into the link tool, not to the main page of your blog. This makes it easy for the Design Team to find your creations to leave comments.
  5. MUST be a FOLLOWER!
This challenge is due Thursday 29th of May 2014, 23:55pm European Time.
Please, be aware of the time zone differences - on the top left you will find the Date and Clock on the blog.


We have some Candy to give away - Follow this link


The beautiful creations of the Design Team Ladies.
Please, click on the Designer's name to visit their blog.


Angie DT


Canvas
The techniques I used are : embossing, tearing, die-cutting & paper-piecing.
I used stencils by Prima & The Crafter's Workshop. The phrase and flowers were cut with my Cameo.



The techniques I used are: Alcohol Inking on Foil, embossing and inking


My Layout
The techniques I used are: Stitching and beading, distress inking.


Sarah DT



I have mostly used the technique of altering for my project. I have altered a cigar box with 7 Dots Studio paper {which I distressed with stamping, paint etc) flowers and used embossing powder on the chipboard bird and flourishes. I also used ep and paint on the metal key.

Kripa DT


Art Journal page - Inks, stamping, embossing and tearing

Meet our Guest Designer's for Challenge #17
Here are the Guest Designer's beautiful Creations


Lisa GD


My name is Lisa from A Mermaid's Crafts and I'm excited to be a guest designer at Scrapping4funChallenges today! In live in Indiana in the United States. I have been seriously crafting for over thirteen years, having been inspired by the crafting shows on television. I dabbled in several mediums, with my favorite being polymer clay. Once I discovered die cutting, my crafting focus completely changed. I love making cards (I have a serious paper addiction), layouts and home décor projects for family and friends. I started blogging in March of 2011 and have loved every minute of it. My style is always changing and I love trying new products and techniques.
The techniques I used are stencilling with embossing paste and a stencil, embossing, distressing and inking. 
Have a great day :) Lisa


Sandy GD



Hi! My name is Sandy Sommerfeld.....I live in the beautiful Okanagan Valley in British Columbia, Canada with my famulous, wonderful,inspirational husband and our goofy quirky fun-loving American Cocker Spaniel. I am also the designer of a small digital company called Scribbles Designs.

Techniques used: Tearing, Weaving, Folding, Layering and Collage were all used to create this triptych card for Mother's day. The card comprises of one 12x12 double sided card stock to create the card base. Scored and folded at the 4" & 8" mark to create the three pockets. I created a folded over flap where I weaved scraps of the coordinating papers, tore one flap and also created a punch out tab area for one of the pockets. Layers upon layers of papers were sued to give it stability and further dimension. Adding to the card were hand lettered quotes, washi tapes, and a collection of fun embellishments to add further features to the card.



Diana GD


I am married to Jon and we will be celebrating 40 years this August. We were blessed with one son and two daughters and they are the center of our lives. They blessed us with three more children when they took spouses. Then they have blessed us with 11 of the most wonderful grand children anyone could as for! I have always been interested and busy in the craft world since I was a child. My mother was very talented and she spent hours teaching me different crafts and sewing. I started scrapbooking when I had a two grand children because I wanted to make them each a scrapbook from "grammar's perspective". Little did I know I would add three more grands the following year and within another 4 years I had 6 more. Needless to say I will newer complete these 11 albums! lol About 3 years ago a good friend introduced me to the stamping/cardmaking world. Since then I have set the scrapbooks aside and mainly make cards. A couple months ago, I ventured into making mini albums out of chipboard and now seem to be preoccupied with these creations and have to squeeze card makin in. I am not sure where paper crafting is going to take me, but I know it has ben a wonderful adventure so far that fills all my spare time. 
Have a very blessed day
Hugs Diana

 I made the flower card for my son-in-laws gramma who fell and broke her hip. I thought it could be flowers sculpting for the technique and inking.




Thank you Ladies, you did a great job.

We hope our designer's have you inspired. We can't wait to see your creations and we hope that you will join and share them with us!

Have fun!!
Happy Crafting!
Remember to Follow and leave a comment!!!

10 comments:

  1. Every creation is just Beautiful!!!
    Lisa, Congrats on your GDS! Lovely sentiments that you choose for this Beautiful card.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Migdalia, thank you for your lovely comment.
      Have a great weekend
      Hugs
      Rachelle

      Delete
  2. I used water-coloring and embossing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Bobbie, thank you for your lovely entries and your comment.
      Have a great day
      Rachelle

      Delete
  3. Hello S4F Team,
    i'm back ;-)
    I used Acrylicpaint, Rubberstamps, Digistamp colouring with Spectrum noir marker and and....
    Hugs Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, welcome, welcome.....
      Thank you for your lovely entry.
      Have a great day
      Rachelle

      Delete
  4. Wonderful cards by the DT. I am following by email. I used braided technique and embossing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol, welcome and thank you for your lovely card and comment.
      Have a great weekend
      Rachelle

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the inspiring DT and GDT projects. I've entered my card, using alcohol ink on metal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marina, thank you for your lovely entry and comment.
      Have a great weekend
      Rachelle

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by.
Those leaving a comment on any posts on the S4funChallenges blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to that personal information being seen.
Hugs
Scrapping4funChallenges Team